BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010! Write On!



Okay, so first off, I just realized that the title of my last post was totally spelled wrong (I just changed it). For those who don't know, I'm dyslexic, so although I write well, I do not now, and never have spelled extraordinarily well. But I've never let it stop me from writing...thank goodness. What the heck are editors for if not to fix spelling errors? It just go to show you that the only thing that can hold you back from accomplishing your dreams is you.

Now, on to the latest on my book. For the year 2010 I've made some great goals, and to get this manuscript accepted by an agent and possibly a publisher by the end of the year is among those. So, consequently, I've found it necessary to start remodeling a bit. This last week was my first week back with my little band of characters, and I'm pleased to say that chapters one and two are looking very promising with the minor changes I have made. Such as, completely changing the personality and appearance of my main character. This was all a matter of time though, I just had to be prepared to accept that she would have the final word in the end. I've been humbled, she will be what she will be, and I might add that she is awesome!

I've also changed the narration of my story from 3rd person omniscient, to 1st person past-present. I did this for two reasons, #1 was to give more life and depth to my heroin, and #2 was because there are things that happen later in the series that need to happen in her head. It also makes quite a few other things easier to tweak. So, never underestimate the power of perspective, both on and off the page. :)

Other than that, folks, we are back in writing mode, and I just have to say, that after taking a good three months off from regular daily writing intervals, I am so much happier and grounded, and organized and driven, and most importantly, I'm SUCH a better wife and mom when I'm writing every day. So, don't ever underestimate the power of daily writing as an anti-depressant either! ;)

Anyway, I'm hoping to have this draft in the best shape I, with the powers vested in me, can make it by the end of March. If I still don't feel like it's ready to send off to agents, I'll try submitting it to an editor and see what they can tell me. Then I'll try the agents again.

I'm feeling really good about 2010. I think this is going to be the beginning of a truly extraordinary decade!

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH! I can't wait to read it with your new additions and such. You're awesome.