BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 30, 2009

"Bright Star"



My good friend Ashley told me about this film and invited me to go see it with her yesterday. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a story about John Keats the poet and his love or Muse that inspired his greatest poems (don't know much about Keats' life, but apparently it's a true story).
Anyway, I can honestly say, without any reservations that it is by far one of, if not my favorite movie of all time. Really and truly. The only word I can give you to describe it, is "Exquisite". When it was over, Ash and I were riveted to our seats until the last credit had run. It's full of Keats poetry which is so beautiful, and apparently it received a 96% or 98% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
If you love artistic (not artsy-fartsy, necessarily) but very sophisticatedly made, and very human movies, you need to see this one. Bright Star is a real love story.

p.s. This is one of the cleanest, yet most romantically stirring love stories I've ever seen. It's done so well that even the slightest touch of the hand sends your heart racing.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Phil and I went and saw this a couple weeks ago. We loved it too. It was really well done and told a wonderful (but sad) story. Who knew Keats had such a story in his past?...I sure didn't!