BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Perilous Guard

I just finished this book called The Perilous Guard by Elizabeth Marie Pope. It's one of the only two books she's written, and I really enjoyed it. It's a young adult book and Ms. Pope got her degree in medieval lit, so this has a lot of historical elements in it. There is a love story--what story is good without at least a little love story in it? It's actually a rather cute love story, but the other elements of it are actually really cool. Its about a lot of the medieval superstitions of the Fairy Folk and everything. I actually just read a book called Sara by sister McCloud, who wrote a lot of hymns for the church, and she talked a lot about the "Fairy Folk" in her book, so it was kind of fun to get a better background in the mythology of the British Isles than I originally had.


Anyway, if you like medieval literature but would like to read something that you can actually understand :) than this is a good read. I'm learning that I waste a lot less time reading junk when I take recommendations from my friends, so thanks Sarah!

0 comments: